Statement of Faith
Our purpose is to live the word of God and proclaim it by:
- Exalting the Lord Jesus Christ in worship
- Evangelizing the unsaved
- To unite out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation Rev 5:9
- Establishing Christians in intimacy with Jesus, in His Lordship and in personal holiness
- Equiping the saints for effective ministry
- Starting new churches and sending out missionairies
Covenant Of Faith and Doctrine
- God is bigger and better and closer than we can imagine
- The Bible is God's perfect guidebook for living
- Jesus is God showing Himself to us
- Through His Holy Spirit, God lives in and through us now
- Nothing in creation just happened; God made it all
- Grace is the only way to have a relationship with God
- Faith is the only way to have a relationship with God
- Evil exists because of sin; God can bring good even out of evil events and God promises victory over evil to those who choose Him
- Heaven and hell are real places. Death is a beginning, not the end.
- The church is to serve people as Jesus served people
- Jesus is coming again!
The Blended Church accepts and adheres to the Scriptures as the revealed Will of God and adopts these statements of fundamental truths and doctrines.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the revealed WIll of God (II Tim. 3:15-17).
- There is one true Godhead comprised of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19). Man was created in God's image. By voluntary transgression he fell and his only hope of redemption is in Jesus Christ. (Gen. 1:26-31)
- Salvation of Man
- Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, God's son. On the cross, Jesus Christ became sin and sickness, providing salvation and healing for all manking (II Cor. 5:21, Ps. 103:3, II Cor 8:9).
- The inward evidence to the believer is the direct witness of the Spirit (Rom. 8:16). The outward evidence is confession with your mouth, Jesus as Lord (Rom. 10:9-10) and a life of true holiness and love (Jn. 13:35)
- Baptism in water is the first act of obedience to the Lord and a declaration to the world that a believer has died with Christ and that they have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:19, Act 10:47)
- All believers are entitled to the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. They should ardently expect and earnestly seek this promise of the Father, according to the command of Jesus Christ. With this Baptism come the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowment of gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry. This experience is distinct from and subsequent to the experience of the new birth in Christ. (Luke 24:49, Act 1:4-8, 2:38-39).
- The celebration of the Lord's Supper by the eating of the bread and drinking of the cup is a rememberance of Jesus (I Cor. 11:24-30)
- All believers are kings and priests and we all have a purpose and destiny in the kingdom of God (I Pet. 2:9, Eph. 4:16)
- The Rapture of the Church. (I Cor. 15:51-52)
- Blessed Hope: Jesus is coming again. (Act 1:9-11, Rev. 19:11-16)
Historic in Doctrine
- Exaltive in God
- Glorifying the Son
- Receiving the Spirit
- Promoting the Gospel
- Expressive in worship
- Moral in values
- Building of character
- Developing of excellence
- Faithful in obedience
Contemporary in Method
- Shifting in paradigms
- Growing in listening
- Accepting of individuality
- Sensitive to needs
- Tolerant of inadequacy
- Establishing in foundations
- Encouraging in community
- Enthusiastic for life
- Anticipating even more!